Butala, B. & Brandom, B. Muscular body build and male sex are independently associated with malignant hyperthermia susceptibility. Can J Anesth/J Can Anesth. 2017; 64: 396
Joseph M, Theroux MC, Mooney J, Falitz S, Brandom B, Byler D. Intra-operative presentation of malignant hyperthermia (confirmed by RYR1 gene mutation, c.7522C>T; p.R2508C) leads to diagnosis of King-Denborough syndrome in a child with undiagnosed myopathy. Anesthesia Analgesia. 2016.
Butala BN, Kang A, Guron J, Brandom BW. Long term oral dantrolene improved muscular symptoms in a malignant hyperthermia susceptible individual. Journal of Neuromuscular Diseases. 2016; 3: 115-9.
Werneid K, Brandom B. Survey of long-term sequelae in survivors of a malignant hyperthermia reaction. Open Journal of Anesthesiology. 2016; 6: 1-7.
Brandom BW, Kang A, Sivak EL, Young MC. Update on dantrolene in the treatment of anesthetic induced malignant hyperthermia. SOJ Anesthesiol and Pain Manag. 2015; 2(2):1-6.
- Larach MG, Brandom BW, Allen GC, Gronert GA, Lehman EB. Malignant hyperthermia deaths related to inadequate temperature monitoring, 2007-2012: a report from the North American Malignant Hyperthermia Registry of the Malignant Hyperthermia Association of the United States. Anesth Analg 2014; 119(6): 1359-1366
- Nelson P, Litman RS. Malignant hyperthermia in children: an analysis of the North American Malignant Hyperthermia Registry. Anesth Analg 2014; 118: 369-374
- Visoiu M, Young MC, Wieland K, Brandom BW. Anesthetic drugs and onset of malignant hyperthermia. Anesth Analg 2014; 118: 388-396
- Brandom BW, Bina S, Wong CA, Wallace T, Visoiu M, Isackson PJ, Vladutiu GD, Sambuughin N, Muldoon SM. Ryanodine receptor type 1 gene variants in the malignant hyperthermia-susceptible population of the United States. Anesth Analg 2013; 116:1078-86
- Lavezzi WA, Capacchione JF, Muldoon SM, Sambuughin N, Bina S, Steele D, Brandom BW. Death in the emergency department: an unrecognized awake malignant hyperthermia-like reaction in a six-year-old. Anesth Analg 2013; 116:420-3
- Brandom BW, Larach MG, Chen MA, Young MC. Complications associated with the administration of dantrolene 1987 to 2006: a report from the North American Malignant Hyperthermia Association of the United States. Anesth Analg 2011; 112:1115-23
- Larach MG, Gronert GA, Allen GC, Brandom BW, Lehman EB. Clinical presentation, treatment, and complications of malignant hyperthermia in North America from 1987 to 2006. Anesth Analg 2010; 110:498-507
- Litman RS, Flood CD, Kaplan RF, Kim YL, Tobin JR. Postoperative malignant hyperthermia; an analysis of cases from the North American Malignant Hyperthermia Registry. Anesthesiology 2008; 109:825-9
- Larach MG, Brandom BW, Allen GC, Gronert GA, Lehman EB. Cardiac arrests and deaths associated with malignant hyperthermia in North America from 1987 to 2006. Anesthesiology 2008; 108:603-11
- Newmark JL, Voelkel M, Brandom BW, Wu J. Delayed onset of malignant hyperthermia without creatine kinase elevation in a geriatric, ryanodine receptor type 1 gene compound heterozygous patient. Anesthesiology 2007; 107(2):350-3